The products that we offer have been designed specifically for people with dementia and Alzheimer’s. They are free of unnecessary markings to avoid distraction, they are adult activities and not childish. Each activity comes with comprehensive instructions detailing how to introduce the activity, and how to adjust its use to match the person’s abilities as they change over time. We’re here to help answer your questions and help you get the best results from our products.
Match the Dots
Engaging Activity for Dementia and Alzheimer’s
It looks like dominoes, and it uses a colored “double six” set of dominoes as the base, but Match the Dots is much more. At the most basic level, it allows the person to become reacquainted with a fondly remembered pastime. The feel of the tiles and the sound as they hit the table and each other help trigger pleasant memories. Because they are familiar, it is easier for the person to relate to the activities. But this isn’t just dominoes.
The instructions explain how to use the included templates to introduce the tiles and concepts by progressing through successively more challenging tasks and even simple games.
- DESIGNED FOR SENIORS WITH DEMENTIA – not childish, age appropriate puzzles, games and toys for elderly with dementia. No mention of “dementia” or “Alzheimer’s” on the product or packaging
- TRIGGERS PLEASANT MEMORIES – for anyone who has played dominoes, the sound of the tiles hitting the table will trigger memories of the game
- TEMPLATES FOR SUCCESS – colored templates help guide the person with dementia to success
- FULLY TESTED – tested with seniors at various stages of dementia to ensure that it is well-suited, and enjoyed
- ADAPTABLE FOR DIFFERENT ABILITIES – full instructions detail how to present the activity to ensure that the person with dementia feels a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment